Focal points of urban cultural promotion
- The city grants contributions for the realisation of an artistic project.
- The City grants one-time or recurring contributions to cultural associations or institutions active in Chur.
- The City concludes performance agreements with those associations and organisations that have regularly organised events or are culturally active in Chur for at least three years.
- The city enables the production of a specific artistic product by awarding work contributions.
- At the request of the Cultural Commission, the City Council regularly awards the City Culture Prize (every three years) as well as promotion and recognition prizes (annually).
The cultural office is a contact and advisory point for cultural workers. It also coordinates cultural activities in the city of Chur as far as possible. It sees itself as an interface between those involved in culture and the authorities and, if necessary, liaises with the authorities and commissions.
Municipal services for the promotion of culture can also be provided in the form of favourable conditions for the use of municipal buildings, facilities or equipment as well as through the waiving or reduction of fees for municipal services. Further information on this can be found in the information sheet for cultural event organisers and creative artists. The City of Chur is a member of the Cities' Conference on Culture (SKK) and can, as a rule every two years, provide an artist from Chur with an SKK studio in Cairo (Egypt) for six months or an SKK studio in Genoa (Italy) for three months.
Note: This text was translated by machine translation software and not by a human translator. It may contain translation errors.